This delicious Cantaloupe Smoothie recipe is a perfect healthy breakfast or snack for kids on a hot day. Made with 6 simple ingredients – including one veggie – this smoothie is easy to make and even easier to drink! Great for 9+ months!
- Contain potassium, an important electrolyte for maintaining fluid balance, muscle contractions and normal heartbeat.
- High in vitamin C, which supports the immune system and helps with iron absorption.
- Cantaloupe is an excellent source of vitamin A, which is necessary for healthy eyes and skin.
- High water content helps keep your baby hydrated and relieves constipation.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Servings: 3 small servings
Age: 9+ months
- 1 cup cantaloupe
- 1/2 cup frozen mango (see notes)
- 1 medium banana, preferably frozen
- 1/4 cup frozen cauliflower or cauliflower rice (optional)
- 1/2 tsp chia seeds (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp honey (over 1 year), maple syrup, or agave nectar (optional)
- 3/4 cup milk of choice, regular, almond, soy, cashew, oat, etc.
- Ingredients: in a blender add the cantaloupe, mango, banana, cauliflower, chia seeds, honey, and milk.
Blend: Turn the blender on and blend for 1-2 minutes or until completely smooth.
Pour: once blended, pour into a small cup with a lid and serve.
Age: 9+ months, babies under 12 months – omit the honey
Yield: 2 8-oz servings
Note on Milk: you can make this smoothie using any milk you prefer – regular or any plant-based milk such as almond, oat or soy.
Note of Frozen Cauliflower: frozen works the best
Note on Frozen Banana and Mango: for a thicker smoothie, use frozen mango and bananas. If using fresh, add in 4-6 ice cubes.
Storage: Smoothies are best served as soon as you have made them. But you can store any leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Shake before serving.