These easy Cauliflower Tots are a delicious and fun spin on a childhood favorite.
- It provides tons of vitamin C, which is needed for iron absorption and immune support.
- Contains choline, which is essential for your baby’s brain development.
- A good source of fiber to help keep your baby regular.
- High in antioxidants for cancer prevention.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Servings: 8 servings
Age: 9+ months
- 2 1/2 cups riced cauliflower, or a 10oz bag of frozen rice cauliflower. I used a riced cauliflower medley mix.
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper (optional)
- Prep: preheat oven to 375° F and spray or line a baking sheet.
- Prep Cauliflower: place riced cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl, or if using frozen, you can place the bag directly into the microwave. Heat on high for 4-5 minutes, or according to package directions. Let cool slightly. Wrap the rice cauliflower in a paper towel or kitchen towel and squeeze out any moisture. You want the cauliflower to be on the dry side so your tots can become crunchy. I had to use several different paper towels.
- Ingredients: in a large bowl, add in the cauliflower, egg, cheese, breadcrumbs, parmesan, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Mix: with clean hands or a spoon, mix ingredients until well incorporated.
- Form: take roughly 1 tablespoon of the cauliflower mixture into your hands and form it into balls, tubes, or patties. Place tots on the baking sheet.
- Bake: place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 12 minutes, flip and bake for another 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve: let cool slightly and serve with your favorite dip.
Age: 9+ months
Storage: can be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.