This Pea Baby Puree with mint is a smooth and mild baby food puree that is perfect for your baby’s first bite! Your baby will love this green puree thanks to its fresh and earthy flavor.
- Peas are high in fiber, so they help promote healthy digestion.
- A good source of protein for growth and development.
- An array of micronutrients, such as thiamine, folate, manganese, vitamins A, C and K.
- A good source of antioxidants to help with cancer prevention.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 15 ounces
Age: 6+ months
- 2 cups peas, fresh or frozen
- 4 mint leaves, roughly chopped (optional)
- Steam: In a medium saucepan, bring 2″ of water to a boil over medium heat. In a steamer basket, add in the peas, and steam for an additional 3-5 minutes. Reserve steamer water. Let cool slightly.
Blend: Add the peas and mint leaves to a blender or food processor and puree for 1 minute or until you have achieved the desired texture. If the puree is too thick, add in 1/4 cup of the reserved steamer water until you have the right consistency.
Serve: let cool and serve to your baby or freeze for a later meal.
Age: 6+ months
Yield: 15 ounces
Additional Spices: instead of the mint, feel free to use a splash of lemon or lime juice, 1/2 tsp coconut oil, 1 tsp chopped basil, 1 tsp chopped parsley or 1/4 tsp fresh ginger.
Storage: Fridge – store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Freezer – can be frozen for up to 4 months.