This Pear Baby Puree is so creamy and delicious that you will want to eat it as well! A healthy and homemade puree filled with wholesome pears, this recipe is a wonderful first puree for your baby.
- Good source of immune-boosting vitamin C.
- Great source of fiber, to help with digestion and improves constipation.
- Provide vitamin K to help strengthen bones.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 20 ounces
Age: 6+ months
- 6 pears
- 1/8 tsp cardamom or other spice (see notes)
- 1/4 cup water
Prep: peel and roughly chop the pears.
- Combine: place the pear, spices (if using), and water into a medium saucepan, and cover.
- Cook: heat on medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes or until tender when pricked with a fork
- Transfer: let cool slightly. Using a slotted spoon, scoop the pears out of the saucepan, leaving the excess water behind, and place in a blender or food processor.
- Blend: turn on the machine and blend for 1-2 minutes until you have your desired consistency. If your pear puree is too thick, add the leftover cooking water in 1/4 cup increments.
Eat: serve to baby or freeze for another meal.
Age: 4-6 months and up
Yield: roughly 20 ounces
Additional Spices: You can also use 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp nutmeg, 1/8 tsp cloves, 1/8 tsp cardamom, 1/8 tsp allspice, 1/4 teaspoon freshly minced ginger, or a pinch of freshly chopped basil or mint.
Note on Pears: while my favorite pear to use for this recipe are Bartlett pears, you can use any type of pear you prefer – Bosc Pear, Taylor’s Gold Pear, Anjous Pear, Asian Pear or Comice.
Storage: Fridge – store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Freezer – can be frozen for up to 4 months.