Sweet Potato Apple & Peanuts
This nutrient-dense combination puree introduces your baby to the delicious flavor combination of sweet potatoes and apples. Plus, there is a swirl of peanut butter in this puree to help ease the chances of onset peanut allergies as your child grows.
- High levels of antioxidants and vitamins A and C, which boosts the immune system and reduces inflammation.
- A good source of potassium which helps keep bones healthy and our heartbeat regular.
- Contains vitamins C and E to help strengthen immunity.
Sweet Potato Apple & Peanut Puree
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 20 ounces
Age: 7+ months
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 apples, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
Bring 2″ of water to a boil over medium heat in a medium saucepan. Place the sweet potatoes and apples in a steamer basket, and place over boiling water. Cover and steam for 15 minutes or until tender. Let cool. Reserve steamer water.
- Add the sweet potatoes, apples, and peanut butter to a blender or food processor and puree for 1 minute or until you have achieved the desired texture. If the puree is too thick, add 1/4 cup of the reserved steamer water until you have the right consistency.
- Let cool and serve to your baby or freeze for a later meal.
Age: 6+ months
Yield: 20 ounces
Storage: Fridge – store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Freezer – can be frozen for up to 4 months.
Spices/Herbs: Adding spices to your baby’s foods is a great way to introduce more complex flavors at an early age. Some great spices and herbs to add to this puree are a pinch of mild curry, garlic powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and cumin, or you can add a pinch of chopped fresh parsley, chives, mint, and cilantro.